compiling gmat-src-R2013a in ubuntu 12.04

Discussion of compilation configuration and issues

compiling gmat-src-R2013a in ubuntu 12.04

Postby pablomadoery » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 pm

I have downloaded the code, enter in the /depends folder and run succesfully the configure.sh.
But when I go to /build folder and run the build.sh it throw the error that it cant find folder linux. So I go to the build.sh and i put linux64 where it says linux, because that's the folder i actually have. The really problem comes after that because the CMakeLists.txt generated in the /src folder can't find some sources like asset/Groundstation.cpp, command/CallGmatFunction.cpp, command/Global.cpp, command/Save.cpp, spacecraft/Formation.cpp. Is it possible that some of these files
changed its names or that they are not anymore present ?.
pablomadoery

Re: compiling gmat-src-R2013a in ubuntu 12.04

Postby jjkparker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm

That's certainly possible.

There's a couple things going on:

• We recommend you start from the repository code, instead of the source bundle, as it contains a more complete set of files. You can check out the repository here using SVN. There's a tag available that corresponds to the R2013a release.
  • You're using the CMake-based build system, which is experimental and alpha-level right now. Feel free to try it, but you will probably find issues that need to be corrected. See this page for discussion of the primary and alternate build systems: http://gmatcentral.org/display/GW/Compiling.

Keep in mind that we're mainly tested and maintained in 32-bit mode on Windows, so you may see issues that we haven't addressed on other platforms.
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby mahdeen » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:20 am

I managed to get the gmatConsole to compile by adding the "Interface" files that were mentioned in the earlier comments, modifying the paths to the files that have been moved to plugins, and adding "INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES" entries for those plugins. I imagine there's a more elegant way of doing this, but at least it seems to be making progress.
mahdeen

Postby AnnaScollen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 am

This compilation is very helpful for those students who are facing problems in GMAT and want to handle them. Essay writing is very important for students and essaypro review service provides reliable solutions for their help.
AnnaScollen

Return to Compiling GMAT