Compiling on CentOS 6.5 (x86_64)

Discussion of compilation configuration and issues

Re: Compiling on CentOS 6.5 (x86_64)

Postby jjkparker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure what the issue might be here. std::min is a standard part of the C standard library though, and we've had no trouble with it on Linux since we've been building there.

It should be enabled by this line in FileUtil.cpp:
Code: Select all
#include <algorithm>
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby haisamido » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:12 am

Can you please release the full, and detailed steps for compiling on Linux? Which flavor(s) of Linux have you compiled on?

The instructions on the web aren't complete and don't seem to be maintained.

jjkparker wrote:A small correction: our team does build regularly on 64-bit Linux, but the standard disclaimer applies that we're mainly tested and maintained as a 32-bit Windows app.
haisamido

Postby haisamido » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:42 pm

You are right! I misunderstood. I found algorithm here:

/usr/include/c++/4.4.4/ext/algorithm
/usr/include/c++/4.4.4/algorithm
/usr/include/c++/4.4.4/parallel/algorithm

This means the path is a problem! Aggh!

jjkparker wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure what the issue might be here. std::min is a standard part of the C standard library though, and we've had no trouble with it on Linux since we've been building there.

It should be enabled by this line in FileUtil.cpp:
#include <algorithm>
haisamido

Postby TopherBR » Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm

jjkparker wrote:Looks like GCC isn't finding the SPICE headers.

Have you read through the Building on Linux guide?

http://gmatcentral.org/display/GW/Building+on+Linux

It's a little rough, but it should point you in the right direction.

Joel

I encountered the same issue while compiling GMAT R2013a on OpenSuse 13.1.

The issue resides in gmat-src-R2013a/src/base/util/MakeBuild.eclipde. Adding the $(SPICE_INCLUDE) to line 155 successfully passes this part of the compilation.

Note: if you are adding this to a new line (i.e. on line 156), make sure to add a space and a back slash at the end of the previous line, as follows.
-I../gui/mission \
          $(SPICE_INCLUDE)

I'm currently debugging additional compilation errors, the latest one being the following.
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/chris/Software/Science//cspice/lib/cspice.a(bodc2n_c.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/chris/Software/Science//cspice/lib/cspice.a(boddef_c.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
(...)
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/chris/Software/Science//cspice/lib/cspice.a(twovec.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libGmatBase.so] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/base'
make[1]: *** [base/lib/libGmatBase.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins'
cd CInterfacePlugin; make all;
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin'
cd src; make all
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin/src'
rm -rf ../lib/libCInterface.so
mkdir -p ../lib
g++ command/PrepareMissionSequence.o factory/CCommandFactory.o plugin/CInterfacePluginFunctions.o -o ../lib/libCInterface.so -shared  -L../../../application/bin -lGmatBase -ldl
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lGmatBase
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [../lib/libCInterface.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I downloaded cspice.tar.Z for Linux 32 bits instead of 64 bits. That's the linking (ld) issue. Working on the next issue now.

Second edit: You need to manually create the gmat-R2013a/application/bin directory and copy libGmatBase.so there.

After that, there are a lot of wx errors. I have wx 2.8 installed, which is the one recommended in the documentation.

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/gui'
mkdir -p ../../application/bin
rm -f app/AboutDialog.o
g++ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffriend-injection -D__USE_WX280__ -D__USE_WX280_GL__ -DwxUSE_GLCANVAS  -Wall `/usr/bin/wx-config --cppflags` -I/home/chris/Software/Science//cspice/include -D__USE_SPICE__   -DUSE_64_BIT_LONGS    -fPIC  -I../base/include -I../base/asset -I../base/attitude -I../base/burn -I../base/command -I../base/configs -I../base/coordsystem -I../base/event -I../base/executive -I../base/factory -I../base/forcemodel -I../base/forcemodel/harmonic -I../base/foundation -I../base/function -I../base/hardware -I../base/interface -I../base/interpolator -I../base/interpreter -I../base/math -I../base/parameter -I../base/plugin -I../base/propagator -I../base/solarsys -I../base/solver -I../base/spacecraft -I../base/stopcond -I../base/subscriber -I../base/util -Iinclude -Iinclude/bitmaps -Iinclude/il -Iapp -Iasset -Iburn -Icommand -Icontrollogic -Icoordsystem -Iforcemodel -Ifoundation -Ifunction -Ihardware -Imission -Ioutput -Ipropagator -Irendering -Isolarsys -Isolver -Ispacecraft -Isubscriber -Iview -c -o app/AboutDialog.o app/AboutDialog.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/defs.h:521:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wxprec.h:13,
                 from include/gmatwxdefs.hpp:29,
                 from app/AboutDialog.hpp:24,
                 from app/AboutDialog.cpp:22:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/buffer.h: In member function ‘void wxMemoryBuffer::AppendByte(char)’:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:194:43: warning: typedef ‘wxDummyCheckInt’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
     #define wxFORCE_SEMICOLON typedef int wxDummyCheckInt
                                           ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:224:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxFORCE_SEMICOLON’
         wxFORCE_SEMICOLON /* just to force a semicolon */
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:233:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
 #define wxCHECK_RET(cond, msg)       wxCHECK2_MSG(cond, return, msg)
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/buffer.h:289:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK_RET’
         wxCHECK_RET( m_bufdata->m_data, wxT("invalid wxMemoryBuffer") );
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayShort::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayShort)’:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:194:43: warning: typedef ‘wxDummyCheckInt’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                           ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:224:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxFORCE_SEMICOLON’
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:304:7: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
       wxCHECK2_MSG( iIndex != wxNOT_FOUND, return,                    \
       ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:312:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY’
          _WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY(T, name, base, classexp)
          ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:669:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_PTR’
     _WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_PTR(_wxArray##name, name, base, classdecl)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:849:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayShort, wxARRAY_EMPTY expmode)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:993:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_SHORT’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_SHORT(short, wxArrayShort, class WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayInt::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayInt)’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:304:7: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
       ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:312:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY’
          ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:669:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_PTR’
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:856:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayInt, wxARRAY_EMPTY expmode)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:994:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_INT’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_INT(int, wxArrayInt, class WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayDouble::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayDouble)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:877:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayDouble, wxARRAY_EMPTY expmode)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:995:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_DOUBLE’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_DOUBLE(double, wxArrayDouble, class WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayLong::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayLong)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:863:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayLong, wxARRAY_EMPTY expmode)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:996:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_LONG’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_LONG(long, wxArrayLong, class WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayPtrVoid::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayPtrVoid)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:835:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayPtrVoid, wxARRAY_EMPTY expmode)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:997:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR(void *, wxArrayPtrVoid, class WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/arrstr.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayStringBase::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayStringBase)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:665:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY’
     _WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY(_wxArray##name, name, base, classdecl)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:658:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL(T, name, base, class expdecl)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/arrstr.h:30:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_TYPEARRAY’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_TYPEARRAY(wxString, wxArrayStringBase,
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/arrstr.h: In member function ‘void wxSortedArrayStringBase::Remove(wxString)’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:534:7: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
       ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/arrstr.h:32:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DEFINE_SORTED_TYPEARRAY_2’
 _WX_DEFINE_SORTED_TYPEARRAY_2(wxString, wxSortedArrayStringBase,
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/vector.h: In member function ‘wxVectorBase& wxVectorBase::operator=(const wxVectorBase&)’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:186:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
 #define wxCHECK_MSG(cond, rc, msg)   wxCHECK2_MSG(cond, return rc, msg)
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:183:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK_MSG’
 #define wxCHECK(cond, rc)            wxCHECK_MSG(cond, rc, NULL)
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/vector.h:129:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK’
         wxCHECK(copy(vb), *this);
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/clntdata.h: In copy constructor ‘wxClientDataDictionaryPairVector::wxClientDataDictionaryPairVector(const wxClientDataDictionaryPairVector&)’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:189:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
 #define wxCHECK2(cond, op)           wxCHECK2_MSG(cond, op, NULL)
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/vector.h:148:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2’
         wxCHECK2(copy(c), return);\
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/vector.h:158:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DECLARE_VECTORBASE’
     WX_DECLARE_VECTORBASE(obj, cls)\
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/clntdata.h:172:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DECLARE_VECTOR’
 _WX_DECLARE_VECTOR(
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/clntdata.h: In member function ‘void wxClientDataDictionaryPairVector::push_back(const wxClientDataDictionaryPair&)’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:189:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
 #define wxCHECK2(cond, op)           wxCHECK2_MSG(cond, op, NULL)
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/vector.h:162:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2’
         wxCHECK2(Alloc(size() + 1), return);\
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/clntdata.h:172:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WX_DECLARE_VECTOR’
 _WX_DECLARE_VECTOR(
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h: In member function ‘void wxCloseEvent::Veto(bool)’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:233:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h:1409:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK_RET’
         wxCHECK_RET( m_canVeto,
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h: In member function ‘void wxEventTableEntryPointerArray::Remove(_wxArraywxEventTableEntryPointerArray)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:649:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, base, class wxARRAY_DEFAULT_EXPORT)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:825:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayPtrVoid)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h:2324:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_ARRAY_PTR’
 WX_DEFINE_ARRAY_PTR(const wxEventTableEntry*, wxEventTableEntryPointerArray);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h: In function ‘void wxPostEvent(wxEvtHandler*, wxEvent&)’:
                                           ^
         ^
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h:2568:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK_RET’
     wxCHECK_RET( dest, wxT("need an object to post event to in wxPostEvent") );
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/module.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayClassInfo::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayClassInfo)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:835:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayPtrVoid, wxARRAY_EMPTY expmode)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/module.h:24:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR(wxClassInfo *, wxArrayClassInfo,
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/module.h: In member function ‘void wxModule::AddDependency(wxClassInfo*)’:
                                           ^
         ^
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/module.h:71:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK_RET’
         wxCHECK_RET( dep, wxT("NULL module dependency") );
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/datetime.h: In member function ‘void wxHolidayAuthoritiesArray::Remove(_wxArraywxHolidayAuthoritiesArray)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/datetime.h:1506:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR’
 WX_DEFINE_USER_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR(wxDateTimeHolidayAuthority *,
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gtk/window.h: In member function ‘void wxArrayGdkWindows::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayGdkWindows)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:655:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, base, class WXDLLEXPORT)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:829:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_TYPEARRAY_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_TYPEARRAY_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayPtrVoid)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gtk/window.h:19:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR’
 WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR(GdkWindow *, wxArrayGdkWindows);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/radiobox.h: In member function ‘void wxToolTipArray::Remove(_wxArraywxToolTipArray)’:
                                           ^
         ^
       ^
          ^
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:655:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR(T, name, base, class WXDLLEXPORT)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/dynarray.h:829:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_TYPEARRAY_PTR’
     WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_TYPEARRAY_PTR(T, name, wxBaseArrayPtrVoid)
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/radiobox.h:25:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR’
 WX_DEFINE_EXPORTED_ARRAY_PTR(wxToolTip *, wxToolTipArray);
 ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/valtext.h: In member function ‘bool wxTextValidator::CheckValidator() const’:
                                           ^
         ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/debug.h:186:38: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK2_MSG’
 #define wxCHECK_MSG(cond, rc, msg)   wxCHECK2_MSG(cond, return rc, msg)
                                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/valtext.h:103:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECK_MSG’
         wxCHECK_MSG( m_validatorWindow->IsKindOf(CLASSINFO(wxTextCtrl)), false,
         ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp: In constructor ‘AboutDialog::AboutDialog(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int)’:
app/AboutDialog.cpp:79:58: error: conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
       bitmap.LoadFile(iconFile.c_str(), wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG);
                                                          ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:79:38: note: candidates are:
       bitmap.LoadFile(iconFile.c_str(), wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG);
                                      ^
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/memory.h:16:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/object.h:20,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wx.h:16,
                 from include/gmatwxdefs.hpp:32,
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note: wxString::wxString(wxChar, size_t) <near match>
   wxString(wxChar ch, size_t nRepeat = 1)
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note: wxString::wxString(int) <near match>
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/bitmap.h:213:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wx.h:44,
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gtk/bitmap.h:88:10: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘virtual bool wxBitmap::LoadFile(const wxString&, wxBitmapType)’
     bool LoadFile(const wxString &name, wxBitmapType type = wxBITMAP_TYPE_XPM );
          ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:101:40: error: conversion from ‘const char [5]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxColour gmatColor = cdb.Find("NAVY");
                                        ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:101:40: note: candidates are:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note: wxString::wxString(wxChar, size_t) <near match>
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [5]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note: wxString::wxString(int) <near match>
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [5]’ to ‘int’
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h:21:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wx.h:25,
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gdicmn.h:553:14: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘wxColour wxColourDatabase::Find(const wxString&) const’
     wxColour Find(const wxString& name) const;
              ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:108:65: error: conversion from ‘const char [30]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
       new wxStaticText(this, -1, "General Mission Analysis Tool");
                                                                 ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:108:65: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [30]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [30]’ to ‘int’
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/stattext.h:53:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wx.h:75,
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gtk/stattext.h:21:5: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘wxStaticText::wxStaticText(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)’
     wxStaticText(wxWindow *parent,
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:122:62: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxString::Printf(const char [19], const char [12], const char [9])’
    buildDate.Printf("Build Date: %s %s\n", __DATE__, __TIME__);
                                                              ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:122:62: note: candidate is:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:1203:7: note: int wxString::Printf(const wxChar*, ...)
   int Printf(const wxChar *pszFormat, ...) ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF_2;
       ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:1203:7: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [19]’ to ‘const wxChar* {aka const wchar_t*}’
app/AboutDialog.cpp:136:66: error: conversion from ‘const char [10]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxStaticText *webText = new wxStaticText(this, -1, "Website: ");
                                                                  ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:136:66: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [10]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [10]’ to ‘int’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gtk/stattext.h:21:5: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘wxStaticText::wxStaticText(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)’
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:137:23: error: conversion from ‘const char [26]’ to ‘wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxString gmatUrl = "http://gmat.gsfc.nasa.gov";
                       ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:137:23: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [26]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [26]’ to ‘int’
app/AboutDialog.cpp:139:70: error: conversion from ‘const char [10]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxStaticText *contactText = new wxStaticText(this, -1, "Contact: ");
                                                                      ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:139:70: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [10]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [10]’ to ‘int’
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:140:77: error: conversion from ‘const char [19]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxStaticText *emailText = new wxStaticText(this, -1, "gmat@gsfc.nasa.gov");
                                                                             ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:140:77: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [19]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [19]’ to ‘int’
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:159:78: error: conversion from ‘const char [18]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxStaticText *licenceText = new wxStaticText(this, -1, " - Licensed under");
                                                                              ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:159:78: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [18]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [18]’ to ‘int’
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:161:25: error: conversion from ‘const char [28]’ to ‘wxString’ is ambiguous
    wxString agreement = "Apache License, Version 2.0";
                         ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:161:25: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [28]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [28]’ to ‘int’
app/AboutDialog.cpp:163:60: error: conversion from ‘const char [1]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
       new wxHyperlinkCtrl(this, ID_HYPERLINK, agreement, "");
                                                            ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:163:60: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [1]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [1]’ to ‘int’
In file included from app/AboutDialog.hpp:26:0,
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/hyperlink.h:55:5: error:   initializing argument 4 of ‘wxHyperlinkCtrl::wxHyperlinkCtrl(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)’
     wxHyperlinkCtrl(wxWindow *parent,
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:169:16: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + " - Uses " + wxVERSION_STRING + "\n";
                ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:1422:27: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘wxString operator+(const wxString&, wxChar)’ [-fpermissive]
 wxString WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE operator+(const wxString& string, wxChar ch);
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:169:48: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + " - Uses " + wxVERSION_STRING + "\n";
                                                ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:1422:27: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘wxString operator+(const wxString&, wxChar)’ [-fpermissive]
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:170:16: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + " - Uses TSPlot\n";
                ^
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:172:16: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + " - Uses JPL SPICE Library\n";
                ^
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:173:16: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + " - Uses IAU SOFA Library\n";
                ^
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:174:16: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + " - Planetary images courtesy of JPL/Caltech/USGS, Celestia \n";
                ^
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:175:16: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
    use = use + "   Motherlode, Bjorn Jonsson, and NASA World Wind";
                ^
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:183:55: error: conversion from ‘const char [3]’ to ‘const wxString’ is ambiguous
    theOkButton = new wxButton(this, ID_BUTTON_OK, "OK");
                                                       ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:183:55: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [3]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [3]’ to ‘int’
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/button.h:90:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wx.h:53,
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gtk/button.h:21:5: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘wxButton::wxButton(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxValidator&, const wxString&)’
     wxButton(wxWindow *parent, wxWindowID id,
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:203:71: error: conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxString’ is ambiguous
       wxString iconfile = fm->GetFullPathname("MAIN_ICON_FILE").c_str();
                                                                       ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:203:71: note: candidates are:
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
   wxString(int);
   ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’
app/AboutDialog.cpp: In member function ‘void AboutDialog::OnHyperLinkClick(wxHyperlinkEvent&)’:
app/AboutDialog.cpp:255:72: error: conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxString’ is ambiguous
       wxString rootPath = FileManager::Instance()->GetRootPath().c_str();
                                                                        ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:255:72: note: candidates are:
   ^
   wxString(int);
   ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:256:38: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ [-fpermissive]
       wxString fileName = rootPath + "License.txt";
                                      ^
                           ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:257:55: error: invalid initialization of reference of type ‘const string& {aka const std::basic_string<char>&}’ from expression of type ‘const wchar_t*’
       if (!GmatFileUtil::DoesFileExist(fileName.c_str()))
                                                       ^
In file included from app/AboutDialog.cpp:27:0:
../base/util/FileUtil.hpp:47:18: error: in passing argument 1 of ‘bool GmatFileUtil::DoesFileExist(const string&)’
    bool GMAT_API DoesFileExist(const std::string &filename);
                  ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:258:19: error: ambiguous overload for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘wxString’ and ‘const char [15]’)
          fileName = "../License.txt";
                   ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:258:19: note: candidates are:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:676:13: note: wxString& wxString::operator=(int) <near match>
   wxString& operator=(int);
             ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:676:13: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [15]’ to ‘int’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:956:13: note: wxString& wxString::operator=(wxChar) <near match>
   wxString& operator=(wxChar ch)
             ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:956:13: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [15]’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:970:13: note: wxString& wxString::operator=(const wxWCharBuffer&) <near match>
   wxString& operator=(const wxWCharBuffer& psz)
             ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:970:13: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [15]’ to ‘const wxWCharBuffer&’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:659:24: note: wxString& wxString::operator=(const wxString&) <near match>
 class WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE wxString : public wxStringBase
                        ^
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:659:24: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char [15]’ to ‘const wxString&’
make[2]: *** [app/AboutDialog.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/gui'
make[1]: *** [gui/gmat] Error 2
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin'
cd src; make all
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin/src'
mkdir -p ../lib
g++ command/PrepareMissionSequence.o factory/CCommandFactory.o plugin/CInterfacePluginFunctions.o -o ../lib/libCInterface.so -shared  -L../../../application/bin -lGmatBase -ldl
cp ../lib/libCInterface.so ../../../application/bin
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/CInterfacePlugin'
cd EphemPropagatorPlugin; make all;
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin'
cd src; make all
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src'
cd base; make all
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src/base'
rm -rf ../lib/libEphemPropagator.so
g++ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -fPIC -Wall    -Iinclude -Iplugin -Ifactory -Ipropagator -I../../../../src/base/include -I../../../../src/base/attitude -I../../../../src/base/burn -I../../../../src/base/command -I../../../../src/base/configs -I../../../../src/base/coordsystem -I../../../../src/base/executive -I../../../../src/base/event -I../../../../src/base/factory -I../../../../src/base/forcemodel -I../../../../src/base/foundation -I../../../../src/base/function -I../../../../src/base/hardware -I../../../../src/base/interface -I../../../../src/base/interpolator -I../../../../src/base/interpreter -I../../../../src/base/math -I../../../../src/base/parameter -I../../../../src/base/plugin -I../../../../src/base/propagator -I../../../../src/base/solarsys -I../../../../src/base/solver -I../../../../src/base/stopcond -I../../../../src/base/subscriber -I../../../../src/base/spacecraft -I../../../../src/base/util -I/home/chris/Software/Science/cspice//cspice/include -c -o factory/EphemPropFactory.o factory/EphemPropFactory.cpp
In file included from ../../../../src/base/util/SpiceKernelReader.hpp:40:0,
                 from ../../../../src/base/util/SpiceOrbitKernelReader.hpp:31,
                 from propagator/SPKPropagator.hpp:31,
                 from factory/EphemPropFactory.cpp:22:
../../../../src/base/util/SpiceInterface.hpp:50:48: fatal error: SpiceUsr.h: No such file or directory
 #include "SpiceUsr.h"    // for CSPICE routines
                                                ^
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [factory/EphemPropFactory.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src/base'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins'

Third edit: it seems that most of these errors are due to how wx handles unicode. Trying to find a work around to make wx work with modern systems. Nevertheless, changing line 79 of src/gui/AboutDialog.cpp to bitmap.LoadFile(iconFile.c_str(), wxT(wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG)); will no longer show errors in that file.

Fourth edit: I read here that wx 2.9 supports unicode much better. And indeed it does. Switching from 2.8 to 2.9 removes most wx library errors. Here's the latest compilation errors.

> make
cd src; make -f MakeGmat.eclipse all; \
cd ../plugins; make all; \

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src'
cd base; make -f MakeBase.eclipse all
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/base'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/base'
cd gui; make -f MakeGui.eclipse all
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/gui'
mkdir -p ../../application/bin
rm -f app/AboutDialog.o
g++ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffriend-injection   -Wall `/usr/bin/wx-config --cppflags` -I/home/chris/Software/Science//cspice/include -D__USE_SPICE__   -DUSE_64_BIT_LONGS    -fPIC  -I../base/include -I../base/asset -I../base/attitude -I../base/burn -I../base/command -I../base/configs -I../base/coordsystem -I../base/event -I../base/executive -I../base/factory -I../base/forcemodel -I../base/forcemodel/harmonic -I../base/foundation -I../base/function -I../base/hardware -I../base/interface -I../base/interpolator -I../base/interpreter -I../base/math -I../base/parameter -I../base/plugin -I../base/propagator -I../base/solarsys -I../base/solver -I../base/spacecraft -I../base/stopcond -I../base/subscriber -I../base/util -Iinclude -Iinclude/bitmaps -Iinclude/il -Iapp -Iasset -Iburn -Icommand -Icontrollogic -Icoordsystem -Iforcemodel -Ifoundation -Ifunction -Ihardware -Imission -Ioutput -Ipropagator -Irendering -Isolarsys -Isolver -Ispacecraft -Isubscriber -Iview -c -o app/AboutDialog.o app/AboutDialog.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/wxprec.h:13:0,
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h: In function ‘void wxDELETE(T*&)’:
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h:613:22: warning: typedef ‘TypeIsCompleteCheck’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef char TypeIsCompleteCheck[sizeof(T)];
                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h: In function ‘void wxDELETEA(T*&)’:
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h:626:22: warning: typedef ‘TypeIsCompleteCheck’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef char TypeIsCompleteCheck[sizeof(T)];
                      ^
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/scopedptr.h:32:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/translation.h:25,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/intl.h:18,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/wx.h:23,
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/scopedptr.h: In destructor ‘wxScopedPtr<T>::~wxScopedPtr()’:
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/checkeddelete.h:41:22: warning: typedef ‘complete’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef char complete[sizeof(*ptr)];                                  \
                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/scopedptr.h:46:22: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECKED_DELETE’
     ~wxScopedPtr() { wxCHECKED_DELETE(m_ptr); }
                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/scopedptr.h: In member function ‘void wxScopedPtr<T>::reset(T*)’:
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/checkeddelete.h:41:22: warning: typedef ‘complete’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef char complete[sizeof(*ptr)];                                  \
                      ^
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/scopedptr.h:66:13: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxCHECKED_DELETE’
             wxCHECKED_DELETE(m_ptr);
             ^
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/version.h:17:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h:194,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/wxprec.h:13,
app/AboutDialog.cpp: In constructor ‘AboutDialog::AboutDialog(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int)’:
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/chartype.h:239:44: error: ‘LwxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG’ was not declared in this scope
             #define wxT(x) wxCONCAT_HELPER(L, x)
                                            ^
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/cpp.h:17:37: note: in definition of macro ‘wxCONCAT_HELPER’
 #define wxCONCAT_HELPER(text, line) text ## line
                                     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:79:41: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxT’
       bitmap.LoadFile(iconFile.c_str(), wxT(wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG));
                                         ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:93:56: error: conversion from ‘long int’ to ‘const wxBitmap’ is ambiguous
                                        wxSize(100, 100));
                                                        ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp:93:56: note: candidates are:
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/bitmap.h:251:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/generic/panelg.h:15,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/panel.h:70,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/wx.h:41,
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/bitmap.h:83:5: note: wxBitmap::wxBitmap(GdkPixbuf*)
     wxBitmap(GdkPixbuf* pixbuf);
     ^
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/bitmap.h:73:5: note: wxBitmap::wxBitmap(const char* const*)
     wxBitmap( const char* const* bits );
     ^
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/bmpbuttn.h:124:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/wx.h:71,
/usr/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/bmpbuttn.h:22:5: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘wxBitmapButton::wxBitmapButton(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxBitmap&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxValidator&, const wxString&)’
     wxBitmapButton(wxWindow *parent,
     ^
app/AboutDialog.cpp: In member function ‘void AboutDialog::OnHyperLinkClick(wxHyperlinkEvent&)’:
app/AboutDialog.cpp:257:56: error: invalid initialization of reference of type ‘const string& {aka const std::basic_string<char>&}’ from expression of type ‘wxCStrData’
       if (!GmatFileUtil::DoesFileExist(fileName.c_str()))
                                                        ^
In file included from app/AboutDialog.cpp:27:0:
../base/util/FileUtil.hpp:47:18: error: in passing argument 1 of ‘bool GmatFileUtil::DoesFileExist(const string&)’
    bool GMAT_API DoesFileExist(const std::string &filename);
                  ^
make[2]: *** [app/AboutDialog.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/src/gui'
make[1]: *** [gui/gmat] Error 2
cd src; make all
mkdir -p ../lib
cp ../lib/libCInterface.so ../../../application/bin
cd EphemPropagatorPlugin; make all;
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin'
cd src; make all
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src'
cd base; make all
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src/base'
rm -rf ../lib/libEphemPropagator.so
g++ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -fPIC -Wall    -Iinclude -Iplugin -Ifactory -Ipropagator -I../../../../src/base/include -I../../../../src/base/attitude -I../../../../src/base/burn -I../../../../src/base/command -I../../../../src/base/configs -I../../../../src/base/coordsystem -I../../../../src/base/executive -I../../../../src/base/event -I../../../../src/base/factory -I../../../../src/base/forcemodel -I../../../../src/base/foundation -I../../../../src/base/function -I../../../../src/base/hardware -I../../../../src/base/interface -I../../../../src/base/interpolator -I../../../../src/base/interpreter -I../../../../src/base/math -I../../../../src/base/parameter -I../../../../src/base/plugin -I../../../../src/base/propagator -I../../../../src/base/solarsys -I../../../../src/base/solver -I../../../../src/base/stopcond -I../../../../src/base/subscriber -I../../../../src/base/spacecraft -I../../../../src/base/util -I/home/chris/Software/Science/cspice//cspice/include -c -o factory/EphemPropFactory.o factory/EphemPropFactory.cpp
In file included from ../../../../src/base/util/SpiceKernelReader.hpp:40:0,
                 from ../../../../src/base/util/SpiceOrbitKernelReader.hpp:31,
                 from propagator/SPKPropagator.hpp:31,
                 from factory/EphemPropFactory.cpp:22:
../../../../src/base/util/SpiceInterface.hpp:50:48: fatal error: SpiceUsr.h: No such file or directory
 #include "SpiceUsr.h"    // for CSPICE routines
                                                ^
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [factory/EphemPropFactory.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src/base'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Software/Science/gmat-src-R2013a/plugins/EphemPropagatorPlugin'

Fifth edit: I skipped trying to make the About window work, and fixed the make file for the ephemeris propagation. It couldn't find cpsice because of an error of mine in the path to spice in EphemPropEnv.mk (since it uses its own Spice path, and not the global one defined). Anyhow, now I have the following error:
g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wl’
g++ factory/EphemPropFactory.o plugin/GmatPluginFunctions.o propagator/EphemerisPropagator.o propagator/SPKPropagator.o -o ../lib/libEphemPropagator.so -shared -Wl -L../../../../application/bin -lGmatBase
g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wl’
make[4]: *** [../lib/libEphemPropagator.so] Error 1
TopherBR

Postby jjkparker » Tue May 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Chris, your wx issues are because the wx shipped with CentOS are compiled with --with-unicode, and GMAT isn't designed to support that option.

See http://gmatcentral.org/display/GW/Build ... -wxWidgets for instructions on compiling wx specifically for GMAT.

Joel
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby haisamido » Tue May 13, 2014 1:53 pm

By the way, I've put my success in compiling on CentOS 6.5 (x86_64) over here viewtopic.php?f=51&t=49066 It should be fairly easy to make it work on Ubuntu. I wrote a compile script which may be of use to others https://github.com/haisamido/GMAT/blob/ ... compile.sh
haisamido

Previous

Return to Compiling GMAT