Compiling problems in ubuntu 10.4

Discussion of compilation configuration and issues

Compiling problems in ubuntu 10.4

Postby nova » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 pm

hi, i am interested in compiling GMAT in linux, so i used cmake to compile it . I did as the README.txt file which located in gmat/build folder. it give a command "./build.sh -arch [x86 | x64]"
so i just entered "./build.sh"
i wander if there are a specific supporting paper to let me kown how to compile GMAT.
thanks a lot :P
nova

Re: Compiling problems in ubuntu 10.4

Postby DJCinSB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi, Nova.

Here is a link to the build istructions: http://li394-117.members.linode.com:8090/display/DOC/GMAT+BUILD+SCRIPT

This may be the same information you were already using when building. When I look at the snapshots you uploaded, I think that I see the problem. In the instructions, this line:
Code: Select all
Build.sh -arch [x86 | x64]

is intended to say that you need to select an option based on your Linux architecture -- use the option x86 for 32-bit Linux, or x64 for 64-bit Linux. So if you are using 32-bit Ubuntu, the build line should be
Build.sh -arch x86

and for 64-bit, you should use
Build.sh -arch x64

One additional issue I ran into when using the new build system was that I needed to add a folder named "linux" into the build folder. If you look in your GMAT build folder, make sure that there is a folder there named "linux" -- I think this issue was resolved, but have not checked it.
DJCinSB

Postby nova » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 pm

first i want to thank you for your help. I did as what you said, everything goes well, but i can't download the cspice.tar.Z file from ftp://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/naif/toolki ... pice.tar.Z
i don't know why. I search for another web to download,but failed. so i just use the cspice file which located in GmatVS/Gmat3rdParty instead.
i put the file in gmat/depends file. Like should be happened,
so i wander there is anther link that i can download the cspice.tar.Z for ubuntu 12.04 bit 64 system.
thanks.
nova

Postby DJCinSB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Here's a link to the top level page for the C-toolkit for SPICE: http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/toolkit_C.html

If you select your architecture (I think you want PC, Linux, gCC, 64bit), your browser to go to the page that you can use to download the toolkit manually. Give that a try, and let me know if it helps!
DJCinSB

Postby nova » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:09 am

thanks a lot . I can successfully compiled GMAT. Problems solved.
nova

Postby Bigboss01 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am

I just tried this here, using VS2010/Windows 7 also.

Can you try the "ReleaseWithSpice" configuration instead? It looks like there's something wrong with the "ReleaseWithoutF2C" configuration. You will need cspice in the correct location for this to work; see the compiling instructions for help.

Get 642-883 - testking for test king and HP2-Z30 - braindumps - questions with 100% callutheran.edu guaranteed. Our high quality fcc prepares you well before www.pittstate.edu in the final exams of Southern California University of Health Sciences.
Bigboss01

Return to Compiling GMAT