user functions path not recognized ...

MATLAB interface, C API, using plugins, other interfaces

user functions path not recognized ...

Postby marchand » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 pm

While I was tracking down an old bug report, I found out that the attached file, which ran fine in R2011a, does not run in R2012a. I get an error saying that it can't find the functions referenced in the file. The startup file does have these entries in it uncommented:

#-----------------------------------------------------------
GMAT_FUNCTION_PATH = ROOT_PATH/userfunctions/gmat
MATLAB_FUNCTION_PATH = ROOT_PATH/userfunctions/matlab

The attached script and the modified startup file, again, worked fine for R2011a. I am uncertain as to what may have changed to cause this issue now. It would seem that the ".." in the path name is being read as a single "." I actually tried to change that to "..." to see if it would drop the first dot, but there it actually read all three dots and gave me a different error.

I'm currently running off revision #10550 because 10623 seems to be causing some issues loading plugins that otherwise compile normally and worked fine in earlier revisions.

Any ideas?
Attachments
FunctionExample.script
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
marchand

Re: user functions path not recognized ...

Postby jjkparker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I see this in the nightly I'm using from a few days ago, and committed GMT-2906 to track it.

One workaround here is to just comment out the FunctionPath lines. Then it'll fall back on the search path defined in the gmat_startup_file.txt, which seems to work fine (though I'm getting another error later in the script).
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Return to External Interfaces and Plugins