Vary Initial states

Dynamics and environment models, spacecraft model, solver algorithms, etc.

Vary Initial states

Postby Parvathi » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi,
I'm working on Interplanetary trajectory design. I have given an intial state from where I need to propagate to achieve certain states at the destination planet. I need to vary the velocity impulses ( impulsive burn) as well as the initial RAAN/AOP such that I achieve the desired periapsis at the destination planet. I can vary impulsive burns from the 'Vary-burns' option but I need to know how the initial states given can be varied. Please anybody, help me out.

Thanks!
Parvathi

Re: Vary Initial states

Postby jjkparker » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:25 pm

When you choose your variable in the Vary box, you can choose:

• Object Type: Spacecraft
  • Object Properties: RAAN

That will let you adjust the RAAN value at the time that the Vary command is executed. If it comes before any Propagate command, then it's adjusting the initial state.

2015-08-09_18-23-48.png
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby edinaclark11 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:43 am

I would like to say that I have been doing the job as an academic writer at Write My Custom Essay Cheap - EssayCampus since last 8 years and I recently completed an assignment on trajectory design and it rockets require whirligigs to keep up their introduction in space, and finders to peruse the spinners. These readings deliver input to the motor, letting it know in which heading, to what extent and how intensely to flame. The principal rockets' "PCs" were entirely mechanical (with maybe some radio control) yet sufficiently exact to wreak devastation on London from Germany.
edinaclark11

Postby LeesaJohnson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 am

Hi there,
I know that it's too late to reply you for the help you need but in case you need any help now I can help you out.
LeesaJohnson

Return to Mathematics and Modeling