Re: Unable to load plugin "........."

Postby barathclm » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:30 am

jjkparker,
Thank you, It works now!
barathclm

Postby Koln » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I am also having trouble connecting with MATLAB, getting the same error: *** Error loading "libMatlabInterface": GMAT could not load the MATLAB interface. Please check that MATLAB is installed and configured correctly. See the User Guide for instructions, or disable the appropriate PLUGIN line in bin/gmat_startup_file.txt to remove this error.

I am running MATLAB R2014a and GMAT R2014a, which I got from here, in Win 7 64bit. The path is set properly and I've already run "matlab-exe - regserver" as admin, so that is not it. My guess is that the problem is that my MATLAB is 64bit while GMAT may not be (from user guide).

I haven't been able to find if the version of GMAT that I downloaded is 64 or 32bit, and I have also failed to find a 64bit version of GMAT. How can I find out if my version is 64bit and where could I download one of those?

I am personally loving the software and I would love to have access to at least one optimizer. And since building the plugin for VF13 is for now beyond my coding capabilities, I really need MATLAB to work :).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Carlos
Koln

Postby jjkparker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Carlos,

Your suspicion is correct, the public version of GMAT is 32-bit, so you'll need a 32-bit version of MATLAB installed to use the interface. It sounds like you have all the other steps correct, so remember to repeat those once you have the 32-bit MATLAB installed.

Our plans to release a 64-bit version aren't set right now; we know it compiles, but we haven't rigorously tested it.

Thanks for your kind words, and good luck!
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby Koln » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Thanks Joel! ^^ I'll make sure to get a 32bit-version of MATLAB and then I'll try again.

Cheers!

Carlos
Koln

Postby Koln » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:40 pm

I had time today to install the 32bit version of MATLAB and now GMAT is detecting it. Problem solved!

Thanks! ^^

Carlos
Koln

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting