Simulation of a LT trajectory

This forum is for discussing the implementation of low thrust optimization.

Simulation of a LT trajectory

Postby Jorisatesa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:06 am

hi,
I am trying to simulate an optimal low-thrust trajectory, trying to reproduce a trajectory coming from one of my optimisation software (script for GMAT attached).

I am experiencing difficulties to actually change the thrust amplitude (and maybe also the thrust direction).
I have the impression that the thruster properties cannot be changed during the execution of the mission sequence.
Is it the good approach ?

Joris
Attachments
low_thrust_sim.script
(60.62 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Jorisatesa

Re: Simulation of a LT trajectory

Postby shughes » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:20 pm

there is a subtle interface issue causing the problem. When you attach a thruster to a spacecraft using this line:
Code: Select all
GMAT DefaultSC.Thrusters = {Thruster1}

The spacecraft has its own local copy of the Thruster1 Object. To change the thrust vector for Thruster1 on DefaultSC use this line

Code: Select all
GMAT DefaultSC.Thruster1.ThrustDirection1

Sorry for the slow response :cry:
shughes

Re: Simulation of a LT trajectory

Postby AxelFlores » Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am

After you stack an instrument and characterize all joints and natural factors, you can make the outright or relative kinematic values (direction, speed, and increasing speed) of a point put anyplace on a segment write my paper cheap You can demonstrate the direction way and speed or potentially increasing speed vectors in the design window by enacting the Output Grapher and setting up the follows you need showed. Follow control and appearance are kept up inside the Output Grapher.
AxelFlores

Return to Low-Thrust Optimization